Welcome to the International Conference on Quality of Life home page.
On September 17th the Board of Academic Society for Quality of Life held a board meeting (via Zoom) concerning the International Conference for Quality of Life. Due to the Coronavirus, this year’s conference has been postponed, and this and other subjects were discussed. Meeting outcomes included:
- Professor Hishashi Matsuda will continue to serve as the president for another year (until March 2022) in consideration of this year’s events.
- Likewise, the Annual Meeting/Conference will not be held in 2020, and has also been postponed until – hopefully – next year.
- It was agreed to plan to host next year’s International QoL Conference in Niigata, Japan. Holding the event in Tokyo as perviously considered was deemed impractical due to the Olympics. Will need to be arranged with Prof. Kobayashi.
- In the interim, members are encouraged to continue to contribute their membership fees (if not paid for 2020 as yet) and findings to JAS4QoL.
- Given the success of the previous (2018) Meeting and Cruise, organization for a similar meeting and leisure cruise in 2021 is under consideration, depending on the number of participants and progress in resolving the pandemic. All members, their families, associates, and friends are welcome. Members receive a special discount of 40-50% off the regular quoted price. Likewise, non-members receive a discount of 30-35% off the quoted price.
To receive updates about upcoming conferences, please subscribe to our newsletter (at right) or email us via our Inquiries page.
For information on the recently completed 2019 International Cruise and Meeting on Quality of Life, please visit ICQoL-2019 website.
For information on this and prior conferences visit conferences page.
We invite like-minded researchers to come aboard and join us in the search of knowledge and wisdom through enlightened discussion and brainstorming. With inspired vision and a shared mission we can all create a better quality of life for all.
New knowledge and understanding in the fields of Education, Healthcare, Psychology, and Social Sciences (EHPSS) are vital to enhancing the world’s Quality of Life (QoL). EHPSS represent quickly evolving fields, heralded by the advent of new technologies, original ideas, and wider participation. Currently, social, cultural, educational, and political circumstances allow some to achieve significant improvements in their quality of life, yet others remain stagnant. This situation is unsustainable, and prevents balanced growth such that all may enjoy productive and rewarding lives. Therefore, novel concepts and new paradigms in EHPSS need to be created and shared so we can move forward in earnest towards joy and satisfaction for all. In this spirit, we invite like-minded researchers to join us in this quest.
This event is an inclusive interdisciplinary research and publishing project. It aims to bring together people from a wide variety of specialties to share ideas and explore new ways of improving Quality of life which are innovative and exciting.
Through sharing different viewpoints and findings, we can incorporate the latest developments in EHPSS into our own outlook and practice. Those who thirst for knowledge can be satisfied, and those who yearn to endow others can be fulfilled. Those who have a surfeit, can be unburdened, and those who are lacking can be supplied. Those who have progressed can bring others into their company, and those who struggle to move forward can find their road cleared and their pace quickened.
As resources and budgets become tighter, we must all share and participate in the intensive and extensive work of discovering knowledge together, especially so as to avoid wasteful and duplicated effort. By gathering all those who care, we can learn what we need from each other, and eventually improve quality of life – in all its meanings – for all our brothers and sisters in all the four corners of the earth.
Therefore, researchers, practitioners, representatives, artists, consultants, scholars, and others active in EHPSS or other quality of life (QoL) related topics are cordially invited to submit abstracts for oral presentations for ICQol. The types of presentations sought should be in the following categories:
- Health Care
- Social Sciences
These may include (but are not limited to): experimental accounts, case and group studies, research work, reports, and works of art & craft, works-in-progress, and workshops. Full information about topics to be covered, and submission requirements, and conference checklist can be found on our Presentations and Abstracts page.
Abstracts for oral or poster presentations should be submitted by September 15th, 2019 via our online form. The official language of the conference is English, and all presentations and abstracts should be presented in English.
Journal of the Academic Society for Quality of Life
Abstracts of all papers will be published in the journal of the Academic Society for Quality of Life (JAS4QoL) as supplementary research notes. For those who want to publish their findings as a full paper or short communication in an official format, please contact the The Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) when and where appropriate. You may also submit papers to the journal directly accessing the JAS4QoL Manuscript Submission Form on the AS4oL website.
Schedule of Events
The schedule of events usually includes a reception dinner as well as other local events. Click here for a further information. Please contact us in advance if you require any special dietary considerations.
Keynote Speaker and Oral Presentations
Keynote speakers are to be announced. Oral Presentations will take place in the main meeting room.
Travel to Kyoto including Accommodations and Visas
While attendees should make their own arrangements for travel and accommodation, we have prepared a brief guide with links to things to do in Kyoto so as to make your time at the conference most enjoyable. Once in Kyoto, here is how to get to the main event.
- □ Review Motivation and Purpose and Themes Covered.
- □ Review Presentation Guidelines and Abstract Content Guidelines.
- □ Prepare and Submit Presentation Abstract By Presentation Abstract deadline.
- □ Submit Registration by the appropriate Registration deadline.
- □ Submit payment by Paypal or by other means.
Conference Registration, Deadlines, and Fees
Abstracts for presentations are submitted concurrently but separately via our online form.
Inquiries and FAQ
This year’s Conference Organizers and the Organizing Panel gratefully acknowledge the following organizations and individuals for their generous sponsorship and support:
Thanks to Imex Japan for their generous financial support and for the use of their facilities in planning this event.