On September 17th the Board of Academic Society for Quality of Life held a board meeting (via Zoom) concerning the International Conference for Quality of Life. Due to the Coronavirus, this year's conference has been postponed, and this and other subjects were discussed. Meeting outcomes included:
- Professor Hishashi Matsuda will continue to serve as the president for another year (until March 2022) in consideration of this year's events.
- Likewise, the Annual Meeting/Conference will not be held in 2020, and has also been postponed until - hopefully - next year.
- It was agreed to plan to host next year's International QoL Conference in Niigata, Japan. Holding the event in Tokyo as perviously considered was deemed impractical due to the Olympics. Will need to be arranged with Prof. Kobayashi.
- In the interim, members are encouraged to continue to contribute their membership fees (if not paid for 2020 as yet) and findings to JAS4QoL.
- Given the success of the previous (2018) Meeting and Cruise, organization for a similar meeting and leisure cruise in 2021 is under consideration, depending on the number of participants and progress in resolving the pandemic. All members, their families, associates, and friends are welcome. Members receive a special discount of 40-50% off the regular quoted price. Likewise, non-members receive a discount of 30-35% off the quoted price.
To receive updates about upcoming conferences, please subscribe to our newsletter (at right) or email us via our Inquiries page.